I Forge Iron

My new forge

brickman

Is that soft fire brick or (?). That's gotta be one of the cooler 1st. forges I've seen in a long time. Thomas is right I expect to see some decorative wrought hardware for the door. 

I forget, why is it we're calling you brickman again? :lol:

Frosty The Lucky.

26 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Is that soft fire brick or (?). That's gotta be one of the cooler 1st. forges I've seen in a long time. Thomas is right I expect to see some decorative wrought hardware for the door. 

I forget, why is it we're calling you brickman again? :lol:

Frosty The Lucky.

Kaowool bricks right now. Going to put rigidizer over at least the bottom ones sometime in the coming months. =]

brickman is my first initial plus last name Brian Rickman -> BRickman.. not finished iwth the stand or doors yet. working on that still just got it up to working ability so far..

1 hour ago, ThomasPowers said:

The Triumphal Arch!  Where's the front door?

Still working on both doors :P i put some kaowool bricks on the back as "plugs" for now but going to mount them inside a steel door.

Kaowool board is already rigidized. What it could really use to extend it's life is a 1/2" of hard water set refractory and a good kiln wash.

Cool what you learn asking questions, once again I get a good example of what an assumption is worth. You aren't a mason. Cool Brian.

Good thing I didn't hang myself with something I might regret on the assumption eh? :)

Frosty The Lucky.

Wow Brickman,  I was surprised to see your forge, very similar to mine.  You did a good job on it.    Did you buy your kaowool bricks off craigslist, I did, bought one case.   I suggest you do as Frosty recommends,  Get some Kast O Lite it provides a little insulation and protects the blocks, as you know they are very soft.  Mine also turned black in the flame, was not expecting that.  A couple pictures of my build.

20170329_165503[1].jpg

20170501_100822[1].jpg

15 minutes ago, stockmaker said:

Wow Brickman,  I was surprised to see your forge, very similar to mine.  You did a good job on it.    Did you buy your kaowool bricks off craigslist, I did, bought one case.   I suggest you do as Frosty recommends,  Get some Kast O Lite it provides a little insulation and protects the blocks, as you know they are very soft.  Mine also turned black in the flame, was not expecting that.  A couple pictures of my build.

20170329_165503[1].jpg

20170501_100822[1].jpg

Very nice looking forge you got there, i really like your burner setup. how's it work?. It looks ike there are some assumptions as to me building this, i did not in fact build this, i only etched out some of the kaowool blocks which i got from a friend i know who actually lives up by you it looks like.. This is just my new to me forge i will be modifying a bit :P. I didnt want to jump in and build my own quite yet, i traded him for a coal forge i already had.