I Forge Iron

angry lizards

I guess we have all used those ridiculous self-adjusting wrenches which would be best described as knuckle busters. I have found a use for them - they make interesting lizards.

I make lots of 'shifty lizards' from shifting spanners and they have a friendly look to them, but the teeth on these things give them an angry appearance. I made one with the tool the right way up  and the other (left) upside down. I have kept them simple - just the spanners, a bit of reo for the legs and garden fork tines for the tails. Someone commented that I should forge a frog or some small animal to go in the jaws.

lizzard 01.jpg

lizzard 02.jpg

Haha Those deffinately have some angry personality. I like the different looks they get being flipped. I have debated having prey in a sculptures mouth and haven't yet, but that will eventually happen. 

Grumpy old lizards. 

Ausfire, those are some fantastic lizards.  I like the tails and the feet.  Mabey you could have each shifty lizard with one end of the frog in its mouth, scrapping it out for their lunch!  I'd ask you about that table but it may have been posted before, or I might lead the thread off into the cosmos...:o  Scott.

Ha Ha, yes, a battle for the frog. I keep the name shifty lizards for the cuter-looking ones I make from real shifting spanners. Can't think of a name for these angry guys. I won't bother making any more though, as I don't have any more of those useless self adjusting doodads, and I'm flat out keeping up to the demand for standard shifties.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, CTBlades said:

What happened? I've been gone a few months and now things are angry....! Lol....cool pieces Aus!

Bigger change than that, you were voted a moderator and given the job of answering the fan mail. It's snail mail so I hope your tongue doesn't go dry too easily.

Frosty The Lucky.