I Forge Iron

Jungle companion

templehound

Lighter than a common parang but heavier than a machete this jungle knife, with a 250 mm long roller bearing blade (1.3505), has a copper ferrule and a 3-layer laminated Iron wood handle.

The tang is riveted on the butt and overall length is 400 mm.

The sheath is made from water buffalo leather and has a "horn mohawk" which  protects the tip againts bumps and wear.

The end of the belt strap is  just pushed into that sewn, small compartment, it allows to remove the knife without opening the belt.

Back drop is an India rubber mat, local product from our area, which has plenty of rubber plantations.

Cheers

Lp1,k..jpg

Lp2,k..jpg

Lp3,k..jpg

Lp4,k..jpg

Lp5,k..jpg

Lp6,k..jpg

Lp7,k..jpg

Lp8,k..jpg

Lp9,k..jpg

I am always impressed with your work, and like your style. very clean and nicely executed.

Littleblacksmith

Beautiful work, Templehound! Your blades always represent a very high level of aesthetics and somehow "push my buttons". :) This time I can feel the physical ache for making a parang of my own. (Not sure that's gonna happen ;) )

And that sheath is awesome, too! 

Bests:

Gergely

20 hours ago, Gergely said:

Beautiful work, Templehound! Your blades always represent a very high level of aesthetics and somehow "push my buttons". :) This time I can feel the physical ache for making a parang of my own. (Not sure that's gonna happen ;) )

And that sheath is awesome, too! 

Bests:

Gergely

Köszönöm, Gergely!

Resize 5a.JPG

2 hours ago, templehound said:

Köszönöm, Gergely!

:D You're the best!

Well, I did take a shot at the parang yesterday evening :) Much work to do yet... It was real fun to work with, thank you for the isnpiration! I used bearing steel, too, but scrap...

Bests:

Gergely