I Forge Iron

What to do with these cast iron tables

Just got these two cast iron table tops.   Small one is 28 x 48 and the large one is 28 x 72.   Both are about 5/8-3/4 of an thick.  Big one probably weighs 350-400 pounds.  Real bear to move by myself.  I'm trying to get ideas on what kind of base I should make and best ways to use them.  They make great paperweights, but kinda hard to lift off the paper.  Price was right, but, man are they heavy.  Any and all suggestions welcomed.  

IMG_2743.JPG

IMG_2749.JPG

Those are absolutely dreamy and well worth saving.  If the faces aren't too pitted, you could certainly sand them down a bit and make some nice welding tables or layout benches.  You really can't have too many heavy benches in the shop.  If room is tight, I'd get rid of any wood benches, or anything cheap and flimsy, so I could make room for those two.

The big one would get put on heavy casters so it could be rolled out of the way when I needed open floor space (something I wish I had done with mine).  The small one would be on casters and at the same height as the big one so they could be paired up when needed.