I Forge Iron

I got my Soderfores Paragon Today

I got my 240 lb. Soderfores Paragon today.. it took a few days longer to arrive then expected.. it didn't get picked up when it was supposed to .. it was a good thing the seller did use those heavy duty zipties !! they held the anvil in place very well as the tie downs worked themselves loose and really did little to nothing to hold anything in place.. actually a $20.00 waste of money..  part of the pallet even broke and those zipties held it all together !! it was to dark to get more photos when I got home from work but will add some when I get a chance .. JT

s-l1600[1].jpg

s-l1600[1] (9).jpg

20161025_094843[1].jpg

20161025_094915[1].jpg

20161026_154500[2].jpg

20161026_154536[1].jpg

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Congratulations! Have you convinced the wife it's traditional to keep a new anvil in the living room? The part about the heavy duty zip ties holding it together made me smile.

Get ready to smile a LOT.

Frosty The Lucky.

thank you Frosty !! well not just yet.. I may just slip it in and set it in front of the fire place and hope she doesn't notice it !! lol  it is a beauty and such a smooth face !!  yes I was a bit hesitant at first about those zip ties but those things really worked well and were actually quite hard to cut loose !! ended being a great idea !! JT

C-1 ToolSteel... I used YRC Freight I did the Quote on line it was cheaper that way.. they were cheaper then any freight company I found. even much cheaper then any quote I got through U-ship.. it was $120.00 from PA. to Mi. but I even checked not long ago from Ca. to Mi. and it was only $140.00.. weight didn't seem to make any difference... U-ship the cheapest was $190 up to $395 !!  JT

20 hours ago, JT said:

C-1 ToolSteel... I used YRC Freight I did the Quote on line it was cheaper that way.. they were cheaper then any freight company I found. even much cheaper then any quote I got through U-ship.. it was $120.00 from PA. to Mi. but I even checked not long ago from Ca. to Mi. and it was only $140.00.. weight didn't seem to make any difference... U-ship the cheapest was $190 up to $395 !!  JT

Thanks JT! I tried to have a 200 pounder shipped to me by UPS, and the guy said it would be $690! He also said an anvil is like the awesomest thing you can buy!

1 hour ago, C-1ToolSteel said:

Thanks JT! I tried to have a 200 pounder shipped to me by UPS, and the guy said it would be $690! He also said an anvil is like the awesomest thing you can buy!

yes C-1ToolSteel, I know what you mean.. I checked all the shippers and found YRC by far the cheapest.. I'm not sure how some of these guys are shipping as cheap as they list shipping for on eBay... all I can figure is they are adding it into their reserve price. I saw those same quotes from UPS and FedEx .. the delivery guy that brought mine was in awe of it and said its been a very long time since he has seen one !! lol  JT