I Forge Iron

CES California Electric Steel

Jakesshop

I just recently picked this rare CES, California Electric Steel anvil in near pristine condition. It was manufactured in Angles Camp California which happens to be only a couple hours north of me. The gentleman I bought this from purchased it new from CES before 2000. Anvils in America lists this anvil on page 512. They only show that they made one size of anvil called the Model 200. Specs are as follows: Weight: 188 pounds. Material: 4135 Steel. Heat Treated to Rockwell 42-45c. They sold new back in 1997 for $551.25. As far as I can tell the foundry is still in operation but not making anvils anymore. 

I need to fix the stand it came with or make a new stand for it before I put it back in use.

IMG_8797 - Copy.JPG

IMG_8796 - Copy.JPG

4 hours ago, Frosty said:

What's wrong with the stand? Looks like you only need to turn the anvil 90* and drop in the bolts or pins to hold it in place.

Nice score by the way. How's it work?

Frosty The Lucky.

I want to modify the stand with wheels and a handle to make it easier to move about. Also make some decent tool/hammer holders on the sides. Rebound is pretty good and it has a very loud ring to it, louder then most I've played on. I haven't gotten around to using it yet, this one will be for when I have a group of people here for workshops. I already have the anvil of my dreams for a main shop anvil. A 475# S&H south German style double horn.