I Forge Iron

Anvil Id! And stand help

Hey everybody!

I recently aquired my first anvil it's a 104 pound beauty with a little bit of cold chisel damage on the face. Rebound is good and ring is minimal due to its cast iron construction which is fantastic due to my close proximity to neighbours. I've been told that this anvil is a fisher but I've had trouble finding any defining markings. There are some on the side but they're pretty illegible. I apologize for the lack of better pictures I'm posting from the break room at work which unfortunately is not blacksmith related lol. I'll post better pictures later. If anybody has some insight as to what make this is it would be greatly appreciated! I also was wondering about proper stand construction. I don't mind the height that its at now but what worries me is its cast iron construction. Is there a possibility I could somehow damage my anvil by hammering on top of another piece of metal? Or worse what if one of the legs cracks off and my anvil kisses the pavement. Any advise is appreciated, for the record I believe the current stand is part of a cream separator. 

Thanks for reading 

Spencer Dirks

IMG_0461.jpg

Norris.jpg