I Forge Iron

Mark Treadle by Pieh?

I did ask them, after I'd started this thread. I was primarily interested in hearing from others who had gone through the process, many times the vendor isn't as quick to respond as forum users who have personal experience might be. They said it ships on its side in a crate, mostly assembled. Thanks. 

I actually sent them an email a few weeks ago and asked them if they knew of any videos of one in operation. The lady responded very politely that she did not know of any but they had been asking for some. I would really like to see a detailed video of one in operation myself. I've only been able to find a few references of people that have used them and said they like them.

You ever go to the MS Forge Council meetings in Jackson?

I've recently started going again, I'd gone to some in 2000-2001 then I had kids and my free time slowed WAY down. Funny how that happens. I've been getting back into it. I heard Jim talk about the possibility of doing another treadle hammer class, not sure I'd be able to take the time off to do it though, which is why I'm looking at this one. For 1000$ plus shipping, it's a really reasonable price. I think the cost to make one in the class is around the same price. Right now, I think I would rather buy one than build one for the sake of time, etc.

1 hour ago, Derek Melton said:

I've recently started going again, I'd gone to some in 2000-2001 then I had kids and my free time slowed WAY down. Funny how that happens. I've been getting back into it. I heard Jim talk about the possibility of doing another treadle hammer class, not sure I'd be able to take the time off to do it though, which is why I'm looking at this one. For 1000$ plus shipping, it's a really reasonable price. I think the cost to make one in the class is around the same price. Right now, I think I would rather buy one than build one for the sake of time, etc.

I had been a few times in 2013-2014 and I enjoyed it. But I know what you mean about free time. I have a hard enough time getting few hours in the shop on the weekends, let alone a full day for a road trip. I'd like to go back soon though.

I've been looking at that Treadle for the same reasons as well. I sure would like to see it in action first though.

Good luck and keep us posted.