I Forge Iron

Useless time killer but curious

Kozzy

I was going to make some snarky comment on a post where someone acquired a ton of cool toys for which I had smith-envy...using my generic non-existant name for a mythical tool.

When I don't have a name for a complex or imaginary tool, I tend to call it a "discombobulated fratistat".  Sounds better in my mind than just "widget".  It's also a lot more fun to run the grandkids in circles looking for the fratistat than something real :) 

Just curious if any of you Fe bangers have your own "fill in the blank" tool name for that thing you can't describe which you wish you had--or if there is regional slang which is common for such a thing.

Sort of like "unubtanium" for material but for machines/tools.

My quest is for the unitasker or the omnicombobulator of course you need an omnimetric gauge to make either perform. Driving I often wish for a teledimmer for those stinking illegally BRIGHT blue headlights! I do of course have a teledimmer but Dob freaks at the very thought of me packing the shotgun with. Seriously I don't want to  hurt anyone I'd use #8 shot just to put out their lights. Headlights of course, what did you think I meant?

Frosty The Lucky.

5 hours ago, Buzzkill said:

Not exactly what you're talking about, but along the same lines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLDgQg6bq7o

I Need a turbo encabulator STAT! Just think of the consequensential reflerdenation of the distonduledner resonance of a Ribbon burner's zoniterance! world pheaze is just around the corner, were's that GVT phone number?

Love it, thanks for the link. This was much easier to write than say.

Frosty The Lucky.

Well, I do think you could re-purpose the non-reversible tremmi pipes to work in conjunction with the T inducer and improve output.  You may also want to consider constructing the burner block out of prefamulated amulite for the next incarnation.  I'll bet it cuts down on the yellow dragon's breath.

The words I use for tools I need badly but don't have would get me banned...instantly.  Just imagine repeatedly losing your heat on a think chunk of steel because you can't hold it steady with the ill matching tongs you have...

Add to that a reluctance to make a pair of tongs for one ten minute forging session.

well.....the word you just thought of is the word I use for those imaginary tools.