I Forge Iron

Need forced air burner help

Grussingcustomknives

If you are a blacksmith you will make the transition fitting otherwise you need to go to a blacksmith.  Of course a fabricator could also make it.

Are you going to use a Ribbon Burner?  You can find plans at the Forge Supplies page at www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com.

Let me know if I can help you.

Wayne

Or you could always go the easy route and pick up a 1 1/2" short nipple (say 3" or so) and a Fernco fitting (rubber no-hub drainage fitting with two hose clamps) to suite the nipple and the blower outlet.  A perfect connection doesn't need to be made and you get the added plus of vibration isolation.  Of course you have to mount your blower, but I hope you were going to do that anyway.  I plan to upgrade from my slip fitting to a 2" pipe on my next build to a Fernco style fitting for just that.

Probably costs less than your time in fabricating a steel fitting to suite, though you certainly could if you already had a working forge (be pretty easy out of a 6" long similar pipe nipple.

Note that a gate valve will not work as well as a butterfly valve: butterfly-valve.jpgthough the right type can be difficult to source.

29 minutes ago, Latticino said:

Or you could always go the easy route and pick up a 1 1/2" short nipple (say 3" or so) and a Fernco fitting (rubber no-hub drainage fitting with two hose clamps) to suite the nipple and the blower outlet.  A perfect connection doesn't need to be made and you get the added plus of vibration isolation.  Of course you have to mount your blower, but I hope you were going to do that anyway.  I plan to upgrade from my slip fitting to a 2" pipe on my next build to a Fernco style fitting for just that.

Probably costs less than your time in fabricating a steel fitting to suite, though you certainly could if you already had a working forge (be pretty easy out of a 6" long similar pipe nipple.

Note that a gate valve will not work as well as a butterfly valve: butterfly-valve.jpgthough the right type can be difficult to source.

Im thinking that i will return it and get the 212 (or whatever the next step is) blower that way it will be easier to connect and more power. Thanks for the butterfly valve recommendation I already spent $35 on this gate valve so I think I will use this for now but I will get the butterfly one next time.btw my forge is 5.5 inches diameter 12 inches long

If it were me and I wanted to get started right away then duct tape is the easy call.  It's cheap and easy, you can replace it quickly if needed, and you don't need anything special to make it work.  It's the kind of thing that stuff was made for IMHO.

Good Morning,

Take your Blower to your local Muffler Shop. they can expand a piece to fit it perfectly, then you can get a bigger gate valve and nipple. Weld the nipple to the piece of exhaust pipe. Job done Finished. Don't let the Rules Committee get in the way of thinking.

Neil