I Forge Iron

Vulcan and Kohlswa anvil literature needed

I was hoping someone here might be able to point me to an image link or be able to scan/forward something from their "library" (legal to distribute versions, of course).  I wanted to find an older advertisement to go along with both the Kohlswa and Vulcan anvil at the museum--something that would print decently in about 8-1/2 x 11 size (normal sheet paper for those overseas).  I'm running a bit dry on a search--what I can find is all quite small scans which can't be blown up and still be readable.

Have you something in your files which might work?  Ran across some old ad copy and remember where you saw the link?  It's just to add a little more context to the items on display.  Older versions are better for us but I understand that they are also less likely to find on the inter-tubes.  Even old price lists for the brands from US distributors might help--especially if they are dated.  I'm just trying to tell the story of the subject rather than only having the object sitting there.

Yes, I know it's a long-shot but it never hurts to toss out a fishing line and see if you get a bite.

Thanks

Oh...on a side note can someone verify or deny whether the body of a Vulcan is made in 2 pieces or cast as a single piece?  It looks like the casting is arc welded at the waist but I didn't want to convey that information without some verification: Might just be some clean-up marks.  The Vulcan is about 120 lbs if that makes a difference in construction for them.

Vulcan anvils were made in a similar fashion as Fisher anvils:  they are cast as one piece.  What looks like a joint is just where the two parts of the pattern met in the mold.  Some patternmaker's cleaned this up better than others.

I 'might' have some literature on Vulcan.  I will check.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious notion of contacting Kohlswa directly.  I was so busy trying to take the hard road that I didn't even notice the easy path.  I'll get a photo of what we have and they might also be able to pin down an age or provide some other resources to help.  Thanks again for bonking my brain with a 2 x 4 on this one.

Guess I need to practice saying "Uh..duh" because that one has come up a couple of times when I've asked questions here and been pointed to the obvious.