I Forge Iron

New apprentice from Montreal

Dom

Hi everyone, new enthusiast here from Montreal.

My lovely wife decided to offer me a introductory blacksmithing course for father's day which I will be starting next week. I'm really excited and I've started reading New Edge of the Anvil. Hope it'll be the start of a great new hobby.

Welcome! After that course your head will be brimming with ideas....So use this site ad it was meant to be used.

RESEARCH! Many of us have been where you are now and have posted our successes and failures. Read those posts, learn from what works, and then jump in and share what's working for you.

There is a wealth of knowledge in our longtime contributors, so enjoy their advice, and be prepared for some lively literary sparring!

Welcome aboard, glad to have you. Your wife gave you a blacksmithing course for Father's day? WOW is she a keeper! Might I suggest you make her something during the course? I'm sure there will be some free forge time so you can make her something. Ask the instructor for suggestions if you can't think of anything. She'll LOVE anything you make her. You'll come out of the course thoroughly hooked, blacksmithing is addictive and we're happy to help. B)

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome to the  site and to blacksmithing.

Is Mr. Riendeau still selling coal, in Mtl?

Spent many happy years growing up & living there.

Now retired, I moved away from the grinding politics of Que.

regards,

SLAG.

15 minutes ago, SLAG said:

Welcome to the  site and to blacksmithing.

Is Mr. Riendeau still selling coal, in Mtl?

Spent many happy years growing up & living there.

Now retired, I moved away from the grinding politics of Que.

regards,

SLAG.

Using my Google-fu it seems that there is still a "H Riendeau" company selling charcoal. I'll ask my mentor where he's getting his supplies.

Good luck with the grinding politics this coming Fall ;)

Dom

Yes Riendeau is still selling coal.

I bought some from him a couple of years ago and Mathieu Colette told me when I was at the "Forges de Montréal" 2 years ago that they buy their coal from Riendeau.

He si the last blacksmith coal dealer in Montréal. He has branched in charcoal distribution when the practice of heating with coal pasted. It is an old family business.