I Forge Iron

Cable Karambit

HEAP of JEEP

Just goofing around, trying to get one more project done for the table at my show this weekend.  Having never seen a cable Karambit, I decided it would be a fun project to try and make one.  First time trying a karambit.  Grinding the bevels was a major challenge.  Still haven't figured out how to get them right with massive curve to the blade.  I read somewhere about making a curved platen, so might try that if I ever make another one.  Didn't put much time in to sanding it, which shows, but just wanted something I could throw out on the table for cheap.  Hopefully it draws a little attention.

karambit 003.jpgkarambit 006.jpgkarambit 007.jpgkarambit 010.jpgkarambit 011.jpgkarambit 016.jpg

On 7/29/2016 at 0:56 PM, HEAP of JEEP said:

Didn't put much time in to sanding it, which shows, but just wanted something I could throw out on the table for cheap.  Hopefully it draws a little attention.

karambit 003.jpgkarambit 006.jpgkarambit 007.jpgkarambit 010.jpgkarambit 011.jpgkarambit 016.jpg

.....well, depends on what kind of attention You are after......