I Forge Iron

Oahu, Hawaii

Well, the Mrs. and I made it here for a few days. Just wondering if there any smiths or meetings within the next week, that would welcome a visitor for a bit. We're staying on the far north side of the island till the 14th. Thanks, I just worry about getting an iron deficiently....lovely, here by the way.            Life is Good                Dave   

There is at least one young blacksmith I think maybe on Oahu but maybe Hawaii, I don't recall. If you get to the Big island I highly recommend a helicopter ride over the volcano and a walk along the live lava flows. If I make it to the Islands again I'm going to take a toasting fork and a braut and toast it over hot lava. Well I'll take 3 brauts, one for Pele one for Deb and one for me.

Snorkeling is good too but wear sun screen!

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty.....seems the wife has me going to aloha stadium in the morning for the "BIG" swap meet.......maybe a smith will be set up there.........TBD           Life is Good             Dave

Just a final follow up to this.....I saw no blacksmiths anywhere. I would think with all the tourist like the "wife" and I. The market should be good for someone to sell anything with an Hawaiian theme. Just say'in ..Made it back home in good shape and not broke....Life is Good                  Dave  

My former helper, Daniel Baumann, moved to the small island of Kauai, but I don't think he's set up yet for smithing. He said that he did find a smithy on that island. About two years ago, the Donkey Mill Art Center on the big island, had a British smith come in and give a blacksmithing workshop.