I Forge Iron

Cobblers hammers

Pancho07

Been working on cleaning out outbuildings at the new place and found some cobblers hammers, know they aren't for forging but thought somebody might think they were kind of neat. 

Not sure whether one was refaced poorly, used improperly or made millions of shoes but seems alittle more worn than I would think pounding nails into leather would account for.

image.jpg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The hammers are indeed cobblers hammers. The two on the left are usable as is after some grinding any mushrooming off. The one on the right needs more work. The handle is crooked. It should be perpendicular to the handle's long axis. The wedge end, (opposite to the hammer} looks like it was broken off. The shoe nails are soft. Shoe soles and heels are nailed with these hammers. The nails are called shoe rivets. The heads are domed somewhat and are usually round in profile. How do I know? Years ago, I paid a decent amount for new heels. They came off while I was, dining at a restaurant. I taught myself shoe repair, and have been doing my own shoe repairs for years.

SLAG

They are leather workers' hammers. (as well as shoe maker's hammers, and cobblers' hammers.) Some leather workers are saddle makers.

Regards.

SLAG.

I don't know how "my" font spontaneously changes all by itself?

Should I blame the Aliens?

or Microsoft?

Edited by SLAG
improving the penmanship

4 hours ago, SLAG said:

SLAG.

Should I blame the Aliens?

or Microsoft?

The current 'to blame'  is colonialism and or slavery with should be a good go to for everyone as virtually everyone's ancestors were colonized / enslaved at some point in history!

You're mis-keying Control when you're shooting for the Shift key. Until you can find out which hot key will take it off bold you can delete everything and it'll still be in bold.

Well, I could be wrong but that's how I manage to change fonts, size, bold, etc. suddenly. On mine it changes the whole darned post or page or whatever if I hit control instead of shift.

If I catch it fast enough "Control Z" usually undoes it.

Yeah, blame the MS aliens, I PRAY their parents kick them out of the attic or basement so they have to get real jobs and stop screwing up my operating system. :angry:

Frosty The Lucky.