I Forge Iron

Weird circles

hey guys so today i was working on a blade and these weird circle like things show up on the blade....at first i thought it was a finger print or ya know how while grinding you dip the blade in water to cool and the water dries and leaves a spot that is exactly what this looks like but this wont wipe off or even grind off! i started to notice it about 220 grit and 400 and 600 (thats where i stoped for the day since i was getting fustrated) but these marks are still there in the exact same place (so i know its the same mark not a series of them) i have NEVER seen something like this and its not to distinct like i said looks like a fingerprint and you gota catch it at the right angle ...does any one have any idea...the only thing i can think of is some kinda defect in the steel or maybe i did something in the heat treat?? i am clueless on this one

i cant get a pic up until tomorow (dont have the camera right now)  its stock removal and new matterial 1084 steel from nj steel barron .....heat treated in a even heat oven and quenched in oil....

1 hour ago, Nobody Special said:

Nah, fairy rings are made of mushrooms, and besides fairies avoid cold iron like the plague. Usually more of a problem with aluminum or at cosplay events.

forgot about them being allergic to Iron, no wonder we dont see them around here anymore, not since I built that forge....

hey guys sorry about the pics....my camera is in my sisters car and she hasnt been here ill try and get something up as soon as i can.....its not from tongs i HTed it in a even heat oven and used long pliers to grab th back edge of the handle dip it in the oil and as soon as it gets in the oil i put a hook through a hole in the tang...i did keep grinding this since its suposed to be polished and it did seem to go away a little the higher up in grits i went its still there but like a holagram you can only see it in the right light

hey guys sorry i have no pic my sister still has the camera...i tried using a phone camera but as i said as i went up in grits it got harder and harder to see and now that i have buffed and got it all nice and shiny it is really hard to see so thats a good thing...you gota look for it and catch it right at the right angle and light to see it and i couldnt catch it with the phone camera....i will just have to deal with it...but even tho its still there if ya look hard its 100% better than it was at start....thanks for all the help i am finally going to go buy my own camera when i get paid next week so if something like this comes up again i can get a photo up right away