I Forge Iron

cock-a-doo·dle-doo

49 minutes ago, coldironkilz said:

Hey Das, he is feisty, looks just like our flesh and blood bantam rooster. Hard to clean, I fancy letting him rust. How did your rabbit turn out (the finish)?

I actually have him on the porch at the moment. I set him out Easter Day and it rained that evening and he just started getting a brilliant brown rust on him so I've left him there to see how it goes. After that I'll be working on the other mixtures to see if I can even all the parts out. It's fun seeing the change each day. 

I used to raise some bantam chickens when I was younger. They were a joy. These days I'm all about the green and brown egg laying ameraucanas or Araucanians. Once you convince people green and brown eggs arnt rotten they love em. And farm fresh eggs are better then store bought any day. 

Every time I sell eggs to someone that's used to store bought eggs they comment later how much darker the yokes are and how much better my chickens eggs taste. Farm fresh is always better. My chickens have it made too. They get to free range all day. 

Hey, nice rooster, coldiron. I like the way you have splayed the wings to give him a gamey look. I see you've used a crane hook for the body. Handy aren't they! Not the best photo, but here's one of mine:

DSC_0004.JPG