I Forge Iron

Disappeared Post/Thread or ??

SpankySmith

There was a thread someone started earlier today that featured a YouTube video of a younger guy making a forge with a folding metal chair as the framework.  I thought it was pretty neat, commented on it, later returned and found both my comment and the entire thread gone.  In my own profile it doesn't even show I made a comment, so I'm guessing the thread was deleted for some reason?   Perhaps it was just another one of the famous disappearing threads/posts problems that plague this forum, but if it was actually removed I'm darn curious as to why?   

The post was a reference to a video of a fellow making a folding chair into a forge. He cut a hole in the seat of the chair and dropped in a cast iron pan as the fire pot.

The video contained several safety issues and was removed from the site.  Also  a few of the comments on that post were in violation of IFI language policy. so post times this was posted it has been removed,  There should be no reason to let everyone know as it is explained in the rules for posting, and comments count as much as the video itself. we only allow family friendly language.

8 hours ago, Glenn said:

The safety concerns in the video can get someone hurt. The author of the video is NOT a member of IForgeIron so there is no discussion.

Glenn, I saw a couple of things about the video that gave me pause (pop rivets, for example), but for the sake of the object lesson, what were the specific things that concerned you? Thanks.