I Forge Iron

Leg Vise score........at the flea market

jwilson645

I've had my eyes peeled for a leg vise for a year or so but they've all either been snatched up before I got there or made of gold. This past Saturday I took the family on an adventure to a flea market an hour away from home. We arrived before daylight and sat in the car until the vendors started moving around and uncovering their goods. We made our way up one row and down the other. I began thinking it was going to be a bust as we were only finding cell phone accessories and discounted medicines. We got to the last row and I spied a booth with lots of old rusty farm equipment, my eyes got huge, I'm sure. Once there, I see it.......a lonely leg vise just laying on the ground. I take a peek at it and it is complete with the original spring and mount (although they are mounted incorrectly). Even the screw turns freely. I ask the guy how much and expecting to here $200 (which is what I've been finding mostly) when he says $75. I wasted no time whipping out my wallet. Handed the man the money and hauled my treasure a half mile back the car before he changed his mind on the price.

Here she is.......

2016-02-01%2010.59.11_zpsnduirtdc.jpg