I Forge Iron

Couple new trinkets

Thanks for the comments. About a forge, I am not sure what it would cost me to run considering the price of propane. Acetalene is costing me $23 for a 140 size tank. One benefit a forge would give me would be to heat the shop some while working.

yeah , muilti purpose !

my propane forge definately helps to heat the shop while I'm there. It's been freezing or below for weeks now. I've got a 25 gal. propane tank and that will give me close to 100 hours of forging time. I've never tried to track it very acurately yet. Maybe this time I will.

That's some great work that you're doing with just a torch!

Thanks Larry for the comment.

I am going to be getting a forge soon. Not sure if I will build or buy yet. I have several overhead propane heaters that are 3 and 3 burners and I think they will do well. I really just need to brick up a box and install them. I do find that while the torch is some what slow it also is a convenience in that I can easily control my heat application to a very specific area. Much of the work I do is small and this allows me to keep heat off of finer points.

Thomas.... thank you for reminding me of the propane. I know it would be cheaper and I will get that going I think. I guess it has just been that I have so many tips and equip for acet. that I have just let that go. Things are so expensive. I will check on tip prices for propane.

Gas saver? I must admit I did not know of that. Is it a quick valve or....? I will definately look at that. Thanks