I Forge Iron

Word Association

KevinD

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roll her eyes.

(What my Mother did if I told a joke badly. Well, sometimes she did that for the good ones too.

One of my best ever memories happened in the mid 80's. I was visiting the folks at their place on Lake Davis in the Sierras. We were gathered around the game table, Mother Dad, another couple Jack and Katie, my sister Shannon and myself playing the traditional evening game.

Someone told a joke, had to be Mother, Katie or me, nobody else at the table could tell a joke to save their lives. Anyway, someone tells one and the round robin joke session is kicked off. In short order Katie tells a dirty joke, then Mother tells a dirty joke and so do I. Now it's a round robin dirty joke session that just keeps getting more rank with every round. My maternal Grandmother Mom or Suzy as you will, gets up to go to the bathroom and stops on her way back. Next thing we know she pulls up a chair and when the turn gets to her she lets rip with a dirty joke.

So there we sat till the wee hours of the morning, Mom, Mother, Katie and I swapping dirty joke after dirty joke.)