I Forge Iron

What do you think of this 70 lb swedish anvil

Someone here posted a pict of that before. I remember the rounded hot cut. Price seems a bit steep to me at close to $6.50 a pound. Edges look clean though. It would be a fairly long drive for you from Baltimore and that would add to the price.
 I can't remember the original post, so I don't know if someone is just reposting a CL add on Fleabay, or if someone bought it off CL and then is trying to resell it on fleabay.

To me it's a bit on the smallish size. It would make a nice portable anvil for ding demos and shows though.

Kohlswa are good anvils with one short period where there were heat treat problems. If you can talk in person be sure you tell him you don't pay anything for antique, you're looking for a tool. It's also WAY too recent to qualify, he calls everything antique or vintage, just buzzwords to drive up the price.

70lbs. is a nice portable size and a cast Swedish steel anvil is a sweet anvil. Offer him $150 if he doesn't get huffy you offered too much. Be ready to walk away if he won't come down to a reasonable price, $200 max or walk.

Oh, I'm  huge fan of Swedish cast steel anvils, my 125lb. Soderfors moves steel WAY better than my 206lb. Trenton.

Frosty The Lucky.

The buy it now price is ridiculous---as most are.  $300 is not much better for a 70# anvil; my mint 515# Fisher was US$350...

Now repeat after me Ebay is often one of the most expensive places to buy anvils!

Ditto! You can get a new  NC Tool 70lb farriers anvil delivered to your door for 270.00 US. 300.00 isn't laughable for the Sweed but anything more is (including drive time/travel expenses). Flea Markets and Pawn Shops always  prove more worthwhile for me than fleebay. Happy Hunting!

I just bought a 94# Hay Budden in very good condition for $325. I was able to pick it up on the way home. 0 travel expenses. 1/2 hour of time. If there are any hammer-ins around you might figure on going. The last one I went to had a 160-180# Peter Wright with a nice stand (VG) and really good rebound for $550. This seems to be the going prices around here for vintage anvils in very good condition.

my great grandpa had anvil that said Swedish steel on the side it was over 100 pounds and it had a "beautiful ring to it" had little damage unfortunately it when on auction and got sold for $120 several years before I started smithing and now I cant find it back and probly never will still keeping my fingers crost though