I Forge Iron

I have my grandfathers old blacksmith shop tools that I need to do something with. The building is about to fall down and needs to be demolished. It has these old belt driven tools in it and I don't want to scrap them. I would like to see them restored and used again if possible. I would like any help identifying them and what I could do with them. Are they worth anything?

Some of these look hand made. Don't know. 

forge.jpg

vice.jpg

grinder.jpg

drill2.jpg

drill.jpg

trip hammer 2.jpg

trip hammer 3.jpg

trip hammer.jpg

Welcome, if you add your general location you might be surprised how many people here might be local.

I see from top to bottom a forge, a post vise, a grinder, post drill and lastly a power hammer. From the pictures I can't tell you anythin more. Maybe someone else here might be able to be more helpful. Are you planning on keeping them and puttin them to work?

Thanks for the reply. The tools are located in the central Texas area. I don't have the place to keep them . I would like to see them restored and put back to use or for display. Would hate to see them rust away in someones garden. 

Also there is a central shaft that ran the length of the shop that feed all the tools with power form a belt drive system. 

Edited by mdpenney

The anvil and leg vise will be the two that are the easiest to sell. The power hammer looks to be either home made or a kit so it's anyone's guess at its value. You may find someone interested in the line shaft and other equipment but it is going to be a very small group of buyers who either want or need it. You should check with Balcones Forge or the North Texas Blacksmiths Association.