I Forge Iron

Let there be light!

My shop has pretty insufficient lighting, to the point where I was having trouble seeing what I was doing at the grinding and polishing "stations" even on overcast days, not to mention at night when I could get into the shop to work most often.  Just mounted an inexpensive task light (garage sale cheapo drafting lamp) onto my 2 x 72 grinder with a nice halogen spot bulb and can't believe how much that helps.  All I can say is, if you don't have good lighting at your "cold working" stations you are missing out.  Heck, I think I may even get some additional fluorescents for the forge zone...

Edited by latticino

Exactly, where a 60-100 watt incandescent was good I'm running 40-60 watt equivalent that are actually pulling 18-25 (IIRC) watts. A local little ex- membership type bargain type store has a 40 watt equivalent tube light like a fluorescent but LED, draws 18 watts. I'm thinking these will be de BOMB in the shop. Fluorescents don't work in winter till they warm up and then they buzz.

LED prices are coming down to affordable if I replace incandescent bubs as they do out I can afford them.

Frosty The Lucky.

With consideration to where he's sitting - are you sure that's not a typo?

Cheers,  Vann.

I gave up caring about being sure of anything years ago Vann. Heck I don't know who's shoes I've been wearing since last winter but I'm pretty sure whoever got mine has feet about the same size as mine. But just Pretty sure. ;)

Frosty The Lucky.