I Forge Iron

Buying a new forge

Depends on your budget. 

Alcoa are still making solid fuel forges here: http://anvils.co.uk/products/list/19

There's a few guys who make and sell new forges on eBay. Some cheaper than others but for a full side blast forge set up, you won't get much change from £1000... I rather like the forges made by GreyStone Forge personally, but as I say they are rather spendy. Iron Dwarf makes some nice compact units at a reasonable price though. 

You could always look for a second hand forge, they come up every now and then on gumtree and eBay. 

Andy

Steven, do you want a side blast or bottom blast? From there you can narrow down your choices. I am in need of a new forge soon, have been using a bottom blast for the last 4 years but need to replace it soon. I am probably going to get a Greystone Forge next, as I can't be bothered to build my own and I'd like to have a side blast for a change. Unless I can find something else on ebay... nice forges do come up now and again. 

Sorry ID, but it doesn't take a genius to work it out. I'm sure the OP would figure it out once he has a look on eBay. - Nevertheless the are good forges and they are indeed reasonably priced. 

As said you need to decide what style of forge you want. I've used different versions of both for a few years and they have distinct advantages/ disadvantages. 

All the best 

Andy