I Forge Iron

Fair Deal - Post Vise ;)

Dean1017

Picked this up yesterday at a yard sale way out in the Flint Hills near Cottonwood Falls, Kansas......wanted $12...I offered $10.....took it home with me....;)

Works fine, good square threads, I'll clean it up some.vice.thumb.jpg.6d50809c2dcbc06cdabfd2c7b

Have my anvil on a stump...which is OK.....but now I have a good excuse to build a long planned stand for both my anvil and now this vise. 

I usually come across pretty good deals out in the middle of nowhere.

Found a really nice 240lb anvil a few years back that was being used as a mailbox base - it had been painted about every year or so, so when I stripped the paint off, it was very lightly used under there and in excellent shape.  Just saw it at the end of a drive on a gravel road in Linn County, Kansas and pulled in to see if they would sell it.  Old guy asked if I was going to use it or sell it...I said 'use it' and he said I could have it for $50 if I'd help him set a new mailbox post.  Couple of hours and $50 later and I had that anvil.

Wound up buying some acreage over there to retire on and they are still friends of mine to this day!