I Forge Iron

Free lathe

hooligan971

Was out buying chickens the other day and the old guy had a very clean old treadle metal lathe. I thought it was pretty nice so I asked him about it. The treadle had been removed and it has a 1 1/2 hp electric motor currently. It is a Star, made in (or by a co. named)Niagra Falls. Never seen one but it is very ornate, as were many tools built in the old days. I told the guy about my Atlas and how I was learning how to operate it. He asked me to look up his lathe on the web and find out more about it. He called this morning and I told him I was sorry I hadn't had time to look it up yet and he said not to worry."I'd like you to have it" :D "I think it's great that a youngster like yourself can apreciate good old tools so it's yours"
Pretty good early Christmas present from a perfect stranger don't you think ?

Go to the top of the forum page and click on User CP
Go to edit profile and click on it
Go to the bottom of the page and enter your location, state or if outside the USA a country.
Click save.

Makes things a lot easier to know where you live - in general.

Simply BE-A-UTIFUL! Good on ya for keeping the old iron in use. Watch out though. First it's a lathe. Then an old horizontal mill. Then maybe a shaper or a big camel back drill press. Then a planer. Next thing you know your collecting antique machine tools and having to contemplate on building a bigger shop just to house them :)
-Aaron @ the SCF