I Forge Iron

Some steampunk

Rabidrat1

A little light and shelf combo in a steampunk genre I have been busy with.

DSC_0001_zpsajqpj1k6.jpg

Must still put the valve handle on bottom right and possibly a pressure gauge. Haven't quite decide weather to leave it industrial or do the whole paint and brass highlight thing.

Comments and crit welcome:D

Nice build but it needs either a clean paint job or brass. The paint can, maybe should have signs of wear, nicks, etc. but it shouldn't just be some smudges sprayed on. Steampunk needs to look plausibly useable.

A gauge would be a nice touch on the right shelf say replace the elbow with a T fitting so the gauge can stand proud of the shelf. A person needs to know when to stop adjusting the valve you know.

All in all a very nice job, I really like it. I've been a steampunk fan since the first time I saw "From the Earth To The Moon" and then "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea."

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks Frosty. Appreciate the input. Gauges are almost impossible to find here :D

​Hmmmm, how about taking an old clock apart to make an analogue gauge of some indeterminate type or function? Oh wait, you'd have all those gears to get rid of what a hassle. . . <grin>

ON the other hand, you're living on the Gulf Coast and can't find gauges? All that oil and gas industry and hurricane wear and tear and you can't find gauges?

Dude, you gotta get out of the house more! <grin>

Frosty The Lucky.