I Forge Iron

Greetings from Michigan

Robbie-G

Greetings from Michigan - I am just starting out with blacksmithing and looking to tap into the knowledge and experience of the men and women in the forums.  I am an IT guy by trade and in my spare time I love to work with my hands and anything physical in nature.  My hobbies include photography, woodworking, building and most recently blacksmithing and metalworking (welding, ...).  I enjoy designing things and seeing creations come to life through hard work.  I work hard and play hard -- driven by the quote from Thomas Edison "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.".  I look forward to chatting with many of you and learn and give insight along the way!      

Welcome Robbie, you should look up the MABA ( Michigan Artists blacksmith association) i believe they are having a meeting this coming weekend, good way to meet people in the surrounding areas. IFI is full of excellent info, just have to dig a little bit as some of it gets burried because of the volume on here, there is alot of info on forge design in the section under general blacksmithing as well as in the blueprints section. If you cant find your answer after some searching, im sure someone will be able to point you in the direction or answer your questions for you.

Greetings Robbie,

Welcome to IFI... Michigan has many great smiths and a great group MABA... You have a local group that meets weekly in Midland .. Log on to mi blacksmiths.org for lots of info... I live in Cadillac and if I can help you get started let me know... Good luck
Forge on and make beautiful things
Jim