I Forge Iron

Rivet and round stock holding fixture

Greetings all,

I think it is time for one of my famous ( why didn't I think of the tools ) 

So many times in our travels we see 1/2 of a flaring tool in the flea markets and use tool dealers and walk right by it .. Normally they sell for just a few dollars and most of the time less...  We all cut round stock and of course that toooo long rivet .. I use them for holding rivets and round stock in the vise which makes it easy to cut shorter stock and rivets with a hack saw..

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

post-30666-0-74087300-1421107710_thumb.p

post-30666-0-23074600-1421107735_thumb.p

post-30666-0-05423100-1421107761_thumb.p

Greetings Frosty,

I guess I am spoiled ... I use my Green River NO.3 foot vise bolt header for that job... I only use the flaring vise for cutting..  In the lower 48 they are plentiful and a small adjustment with a file works just fine.. ...  I also have many bolsters with dedicated holes ..   I like to pass on a few inexpensive easy to make tools that make life a little easier ...   By the way you can keep the cold weather ...   -9 in Cadillac Mich this AM

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

post-30666-0-93862200-1421157571_thumb.j