I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing related presents!

jacobd

Merry Christmas!
Jacobd, hope you had a great day with family!

I gave away four bottle openers and two pillar candle holders made from 1"sq stock and heavy square bases.
Shot this before cleanup and welding.
Also included two "little" barrick design candles in bittersweet color.

post-105-0-24043000-1419550410_thumb.jpg

This is all I have pictures of, after a week at the forge. My scrap pine pile is some what diminished.
. It was my intention to spend two weeks at the forge but a weeks bad weather and digging in a gray water field shot that idea.
The rest of the list included shelf brackets (rim shoes and a set of 3/4x1/4" with 1/2" square) trivets, hoof-picks, bottle openers and such. A lot of scrap shoes, but often as not just bar. I have two jewelry boxes as well as a couple of hand fulls of nails

post-4450-0-68609200-1419553708_thumb.jp

post-4450-0-13669500-1419553767_thumb.jp

They look good to me Charles. My Christmas present was a bag of coke and Asperys book #3.; Learned a lot reading the book. Wife didn't know I was buying my own Christmas present when we were  in Arizona   The refrigerator was a bah humbug since I got the payments! 

I was gifted some cable sections and a flatter, a unused flatter. I've never seen one of these tools without some wear on them. 

Always wanted to try welding cable, but when I see cable at the scrap yard its in big, rusty coils.

The flatter has very modern 'wear safety glasses' and 'made in usa' stamped on it, and a factory grind on the working and striking edges, like it was made in the same place those fiberglass handled sledges at the Home Depot are made.

Happy holidays, hope everyone got coal who wanted it. Looking forward to lighting the forge during the long break from work

post-182-0-73790300-1419612006_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-16472800-1419612032_thumb.jpg

post-182-0-46917400-1419612065_thumb.jpg