I Forge Iron

Damascus necker EB

EduBacha

Hello steel lovers, 
I brought for you one of my recent finished knives, hope you like it!! 

Steel: Damascus 1080x15n20 twisted pattern.
Blade lenght: 7,5cm 
Handle lenght: 8,5cm 
Thickness: 4,5mm 

It was quenched on wax and placed for 45 minutes at 250ºC to temper. 

Photos: 
FullSizeRender-12_zps0d534a74.jpg

IMG_0902_zpsf14a6ca7.jpg

FullSizeRender-14_zpsb4e67ac2.jpg

IMG_0876_zps5aec3acf.jpg

Hope that you like it as I liked to make this small necker knife. 

Thanks a lot, 
Bacha. 

I want to say a BIG Thank You for the comments and support! I do aprecciate the writing of yours and it's a way to see if my knives are getting a little better with time and practice. 

How does wax quench work? For my damascus, I quench in canola oil.

Kayakersteve, it's a simple process, I used the term "wax"but it's paraffin! (I will edit my post by the way).
I just bought some 7days burning candles and melted it on water bath, then I let it cool down for some hours. 
To use for the quenching is very simple too: you let the metal reach the temperature that you need and carefully buries the blade into the paraffin. 
It's nice to control the depth that the blade will dive into the paraffin, because with this process you can harden the edge od the blade and keep the dorse of the blade soft to make some file work later. 
I do warm the paraffin before the quench, I just let a thin layer of the paraffin gets melted (with a small torch). 

Doing the quench using paraffin, you have less chances to get your blade warped too. 

Hope that it was enlightening enough, If don't, I can take pictures of the process. 

Thanks again for everyone that commented on my topic, 
Bacha. 

Hello, 
Thanks again for the comments! 

There is something that I find very entrancing about that knife.  It's very crisply executed.  I like it a lot.

Is that a Walther Alutec in the background?

Thanks for the words! That is a Walther LG 400 Exp. Alutec in the background, I am/was an olympic shooter but I had to stop it for a while because of the studies. So I mounted my Leapers scope on it while I am too busy to shoot on 10m Air Rifle. 

Bacha.