I Forge Iron

opinions about this anvil

Probably not, some expletive welded a steel plate to the top of a good anvil. It would be great minus the plate. It just looks like there is a little saddling. I wouldn't buy it unless the plate could be easily removed and the anvil is ok. With that plate on top it will have next to 0 rebound because I think it would likely flex because it's only supported on the ends. I would find out who welded that plate on there and cuss him.

For US$50 it's a good risk for US$200 it's wildly overpriced for an abused anvil. Between that it depends on your situation and more info on the anvil.

Looks definitely old english in style---may not be a Mousehole as there were over 200 other English anvil makers; we just see more mouseholes and Peter Wrights in the USA, (I have a Powell and a William Foster as well as 3 PWs). If there is *any* face left at all removing that abusive plate will give you a starter anvil.

People do stupid things. That was probably a reasonable piece of anvil before the plate was welded on. It certainly would not be a good working surface with the gap under the plate.
However, the gap may allow you to get a cutting wheel in there and remove that bit of nonsense without damaging the face too much. Still, a lot of work to bring it back. As has been stated, might be worth $50, but any more, I'd leave it there.
And yes, what's with the horn adornment?