I Forge Iron

who realy appreciates you

Man I will tell ya, I am learning this new trade and I am spending 3-5 hrs a day trying like all get out to make stuff work. Did you ever go to your shop spend a couple of hrs makin something the first time and you are so darn excited about it fully knowing it aint much better than a high school project and come in and say look what I did....and you get ....oh! what is it??? then you get told what you didnt or dont do. Usually what you dont do is something realy stupid and you could care less...thankless I tell you absolutley thankless..... but I did make a pretty cool snake...after about 20 hooks...practice practice...I may post a pic tomorrow...
Tell me what your big dissing was?

Cut to the chase Pete,,go back into the anvilfire files and dig up Bill Epps rose,,, make it from sheet metal like he shows...make the stem and a bunch of leaves,,he it a bit for color and give it some bees wax while wam. When it is all ready get some rose oil from the craft store, put a wee bit of dark material deep inside it and a drop of rose oil. Give it to her and see if she can firgure it out.........

Yeah Frosty, Jake and Harley really appreciate my work. :) I have a couple of good critics that will honestly tell me what they think ( which is what I want to know ). These critics are not family members though. One son in law is a professional welder and really is a good critic but hard to get over to the shop.

Pete,

opinions are like hair.........everyone has a little........some have a lot........and with some its always bad ;)

But anyway.....after doing metalwork for 12 some years I still come running into the house to show the family what I made! ( I even did it as a kid with LEGOs) My significan other sometimes looks at me loke im insane but my daughter(she is 8) alwayse gives me an honest opinion!!!

So along with your dog.........your kid(as long as their young enough to still think your cool)

Q: Who really appreciates you?

A: Everyone I DO NOT try to help in any way.

Seems like in my case, almost everyone I have EVER done ANYTHING for in the past to be generous and of good moral character, mistakes kindness for weakness and tries to take advantage of that trait, but that is another story altogether.

Seriously, though, my wife appreciates my work, has to have the "first one" of most anything I make at the forge. I think my daughter does also, because she already has her own hammer and anvil. She likes the Ding, Ding sound Dad makes when he's working. I think I can live with that!!

aaron c.