I Forge Iron

Don Kemper

brianc

I just found out that a very good friend of mine Don Kemper passed away yesterday. He was a former ABANA as well as NWBA president. He spent countless hours promoting the craft, and will be missed by many. I'm not sure what our local county fair will be like in his absence. His blacksmithing demonstrations were enjoyed by many, both young and old. Please remember his family in your prayers.

Don Kemper was the ABANA President when the Conference was held in Seattle. He did and always did an outstanding job. I have not heard of when/where the services will be. Probably the shock hasn't settled yet.

If there is a road to Heaven that has choices, Don will take the wiggly road and when he gets there, everyone he will have touched will have smiles on their faces.

The Journey is still not finished!!  God Bless all the family.

Neil :( :(

Spent much time blacksmithing with Don at the Oregon Steam-Up and other events.  Don was a great Smith with much knowledge and a great man to boot.  This is a big loss to the blacksmithing community and he will be missed by many, including myself.  God Bless Don!  See you on the other side!!