I Forge Iron

Quick question, decent for edged tools or knives?

stovestoker

it kinda looks like a form of small wall mounted flag base to me... which would probably be the cheapest form of sheet metal available if that is the case.

These are actually plow blades. they come in different sizes. depending on how you want your furrows laid out.

Not plow blades but cultivator shovels. Yes high carbon don know what steel. But they stand up to a lot of abuse going through and in and out of the ground. They are attached with a s or a j shaped spring. The springs are about 1.5" wide by 1/2" to 3/4" thick.

Yes cultivator. But I figured plow blade was a term that was common enough for everyone to understand. these blades actually run under the soil. They break up the soil so the soil takes water better. The blades also take out weeds like careless weeds from the root under the surface. A friend of mine from a nearby farm town said that his father would take them to the blacksmith in town for sharpening. So some of the old ones have probably had a blacksmith hands on them. Kinda cool to think about. Full circle.

Going to pick up a couple now,