I Forge Iron

steel plate anvil?

Note when I lived in the inner city and could spit from my house's window into the window of the one next door it wasn't the retired person next door that was trouble; she grew up with a coal furnace and found the smell nostalgic...

Gotta bunch of us around here with a degree or two, even ones in MatSci/Metallurgy. (Mine are in Geology/Geophysics and CIS)     Got a lot who have done/are doing armour---I finished my first maille shirt in 1981.....you don't need an anvil or a forge to do armour.  Most would be a common propane torch for doing rivetted maille.  For rivetted maille building a vehicle axle would be about perfect and could be easily carried out and in and cut down to work from a chair, ergonomically!  Leave the flange on to rest on the floor/yard---bolt a piece of wood onto it and a scrap of rug if you have to use it inside.

Do you have access to a garage?

No garage. Might get one in a new house soon but thats tbd. I was considering looking into a storage unit to use as a garage. But it would just be a work garage.No forge or flames. And rent would be a bit much but im sure I could work a deal.

I know I dont need an anvil for maille. I want to eventually do riveting. I was trying to get ideas for an anvil for later down the road so I sought out some suggestions and I brought one to the table to duscuss. And I was given a better alternative. I got a sledgehammer to use in the mean time.