I Forge Iron

Anyone ever see or use one of these?

Chestnut Forge

Sorry, I should have said what it was. It is a wood or charcoal forge. not worth $140 IMO but I thought about slapping something together like it to try out. The add says that it is kind of self feeding. The fuel is supposed to slide down the sides to the bottom. With charcoal, I just see a bigger fire.

solid fuel forge is all i use except the time i went up north and played with a gasser. they work great, this one looks like a small blade forge ( semi troph shaped ) witch allows you to heat a length of metal instead of just a small section. i wouldnt buy it, but building one like it is a great idea. this makes a very nice portable forge. good luck and im looking forward to seeing some of your work.

Riley

It looks like a compact set up, and efficient use of materials. I've been told that coal clinker likes to stick to fire brick (coal forges I've used have all had steel or iron pots) so I'd stick to charcoal, but you do have to keep the air down, and as a bottom blast I'd recommend using pine charcoal (much less ash)
Funny thing is I've been playing with my fire brick stash and some one comes up with this sweet little set up. Guess I know what I'm building the next foul weather day!

It looks like a compact set up, and efficient use of materials. I've been told that coal clinker likes to stick to fire brick (coal forges I've used have all had steel or iron pots) so I'd stick to charcoal, but you do have to keep the air down, and as a bottom blast I'd recommend using pine charcoal (much less ash)
Funny thing is I've been playing with my fire brick stash and some one comes up with this sweet little set up. Guess I know what I'm building the next foul weather day!

I've been using hardwood charcoal, a lot of ash.

I have seen those on ebay. There is a model that is longer, but the length is adjustable because the bricks come out freely and there is a back plate that is on sliders as well as adjustable airflow down the tuyer . It looks like an innovative design, however, I don't have any experience using charcoal so I cant really speak to its functionality. 

-Crazy Ivan

I started building one today. It won't be pretty but it is just a test to see how well it works with charcoal. Witch by the way is all I use. Stated building a gas forge but I can get charcoal almost free.

To me, "consumer" goods of this sort, can quite often be said to "solve a problem, that didn't actually exist".

By that I mean, ... the "consumer" product is in no meaningful way superior, to an "improvised" version.

Traditionally, a Blacksmith has epitomized the self-reliant, innovative Craftsman.