I Forge Iron

Flood plain stalker

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Geoff , frosty , Camero and Mike . 

Im not sure but sometimes I think this sort of stuff looks better in an urban environment . Fountains , pools ,  concrete,  Bricks etc . I think it is very hard to compete with nature and the natural environment so at this stage I think Mike has the winning idea with artificial folliage and an artificial urban environment. 

Yes Bikecopxxx.......... the base is temporary .At an art show I had it filled with water and  some  grass protruding up from the water. It looked ok but it needs something better as you suggest. thanks for your input . I appreciate the diversity of ideas this forum produces from its members

• 2 months later...

Very clever! I too, have done a number of waterbirds like this. I like the way you have lifted one leg. My yard has dancing brolgas similarly posed.
What part of Oz are you from?? Flooding? Bundaberg or Rocky perhaps???

• 2 weeks later...

sorry bout the delay in replying ...just missed it ...... yes Aus I am at Urana NSW 100 km west of Wagga Wagga. we had 2 one in 100 year flood levels in 2 consecutive years. I thought it was great as I didn't have to cart water from town to my house as I had to do for the preceeding 2 years due to no water at all in the drought............... now (2 years on I have enough water for another 2 years . cheers mate. Andrew