I Forge Iron

A True Penny Scroll ( Trophy )

Greetings All,

This past Saturday we had our MABA demo meeting at a friends shop... We had the opportunity to visit a job sight that he and his team have been working on for the last year and a half and is still not finished...  It was at a very up scale home in Michigan. They have completed several inside and outside rails that contain well in excess of 1000 penny scrolls..  I decided to make him a trophy and crown him King of the penny scroll well at least for Michigan.  Enclosed is a picture of just one outside rail .  Just a small portion of what they have accomplished... Fantastic work...  Our president presented him with the trophy and he accepted it with his normal grunt... 

Forge on and make beautiful things

Jim

post-30666-0-77089100-1381683365_thumb.j

post-30666-0-30931700-1381683411_thumb.j

Frosty...... DAAAAA ....I'm the jester...   They just keep me around to make people laugh....  The picture is just a splash of the whole project...   Penny scroll on the diagonal .????

Aw, you're not trying to Fool me are you Jim? I think we ought to take up a collection and get you one of those jester hats. Maybe with shiny pennies on the points.

Heck, a scroll on the diagonal, penny or otherwise is how I always do them.

Frosty The Lucky.

Greetings All,

This past Saturday we had our MABA demo meeting at a friends shop... We had the opportunity to visit a job sight that he and his team have been working on for the last year and a half and is still not finished...  It was at a very up scale home in Michigan. They have completed several inside and outside rails that contain well in excess of 1000 penny scrolls..  I decided to make him a trophy and crown him King of the penny scroll well at least for Michigan.  Enclosed is a picture of just one outside rail .  Just a small portion of what they have accomplished... Fantastic work...  Our president presented him with the trophy and he accepted it with his normal grunt... 

Jim

Hi Jim. I saw your penny scroll design and it looks great and the handrails in the picture is a beautiful job, great work. :rolleyes: A couple of years ago i did a very large driveway gate for a customer with scrolls in it that were 2 1/2' wide and 4' long and those were the biggest scrolls i'd ever made and the gate is a double gate that is 8' high and 16' wide total width and i put several penny scrolls in it, so yeah, penny scrolls are attractive.

Greetings All,

Thanx for all the great comments...  

Frog..    The railing was sandblasted......  Zink hot dipped....  Lightly blasted again for etch...  Double primed.....  Double painted with satin black... 

Jim

Frog..    The railing was sandblasted......  Zink hot dipped....  Lightly blasted again for etch...  Double primed.....  Double painted with satin black... 

Yikes,  money is no object!  Those are the best kinds of jobs. 

But I can see if doing THAT much work, the little extra cost in doing it right is money well spent.  :)

Plus, I'm guessing the owner's of the house aren't hurting for available funds....