I Forge Iron

Ashes to blades

TheoRockNazz

26 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I"m not too fussy about what's done with my cremains I just don't want to go to a taxidermist. Before the accident when we had free money I told Deb if she wanted to do something special to donate a nice picnic table in a local park in my name. something reasonably permanent, granite would be nice but . . . Anyway, I wanted a simple inscription, donated by, blah, blah, blah, born, x died, x. "Have lunch on me." Then some night when nobody was looking dig a hole under it dump my ashes in and cover it up.

Frosty The Lucky.

I like that idea. If I'm ever rich enough I'll set some money aside for my wife to do that for me. Problem is I'm not planning on gettin in a fire dead or not I don't wanna burn. That being said I doubt she'll be able to drag me out to the park and bury me under a picnic table lol.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

My wife passed away on Easter morning. We had a small intimate gathering on her birthday [a couple weeks later] and a friend made some small packets of ashes for those who wanted to take them and/or spread them on our remote property. I made individual candle holders on steel Trillium plants for everyone who attended [Trillium were her favorites as they are the first plant that blooms in the spring].

I am currently working on small Damascus knives that will each contain a pinch of her ashes and a titanium staple saved over from my first surgery.

This post was why my mind went there right away. Didn't know I would ever need the idea but it turns out I did.

Thanks to all for being here.

Dave