I Forge Iron

mushrooms, and insence burners

ralphy

hey everyone, one of my kids asked me to make an insence burner,sooo...
the gears got turning and i took some pipe , i believe 1/4" and a fender washer. i drilled some holes in the pipe and made a taper , then chiseled & cuped the washer and welded it to the pipe "stem" it looked ok, but it didn't draft well. any how, does anyone have an idea or plan for mushrooms, and/or
insence burners,(cone, stick, or oil.) looking forward to seeing whats out there. thanks.

Thank you John, that was my first attempt at a mushroom,(1/4" pipe & fender washer). the other mushroom was made with 1/2" pipe & a piece of sheet metal 4" dia. the cone incense smoke rises up the stem and rolls out from under the cap. looks cool;)

Thanks for the input and encouraging comments everyone.
I haven't thought about using a R/R spike, High Plains, And I got a lot of
them laying around. Yours looks really cool!:)
Julian, I have not seen or heard of what you describe, but would like to
see one, hey maybe you or Yesteryear could make one for all to see;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finnr,
Nice shroom:)
Did a demo over the weekend and played with a couple of rail spikes. Been wanting to try Ducks heads. These are the first ones I've made, Flattened the middle to make incense cone burners. Made quite an attention getter. People kept coming back to see how they were coming along.

John

3402.attach

3403.attach

• 4 weeks later...

I like them Ducks, too. Wonder if you could drill a small hole in the neck to hold an insense stick too? Gonna call my ducks "M R 2 Ducks" just for the unbelivers in the crowd. However, I remember making RR Spike knives by hand and hammer. Too much like work for this old poot. The ducks look a bit easier. I once made a matching knife and fork out of RR spikes that turned out well. Even Paw Paw said he was going to use the idea but I don't know if he ever did.