I Forge Iron

How to forge a Cala Lilly

Another well done video Alec, good on ya.

For instructional purposes including the burned one is a good thing. It shows types of failure, a little description of what and how it happened will be helpful for those learning these processes. If a person doesn't have things go south on them they aren't learning new things or maybe even trying.

Now, forge a little hungry bug to put on it. A good recovery says as much or more about  a craftsman than successes. don't forget an entertaining story about iron eating bugs to go with. In these kinds of situations I fess up to a mistake but let folk enjoy a story. You'd be surprised at how many times little goof and charming little recoveries sell better than the stuff that turns out right.

It's a funny world out there, why not take advantage? In a good way of course.

Frosty The Lucky.

Thank you Frosty!!! :) 

MODERATORS - Why has this been moved to Metal Sculpture and Carvings may I ask? Pardon me for the misunderstanding, but I would imagine this to be precisely general forging as the techniques here can be incorporated into many general forging operations! I question this because I know that there is more impact on general discussions and I know people would like to be aware of this video! 

Thank you again!!! :D

Alec Steele

Thank you Frosty!!! :) 
MODERATORS - Why has this been moved to Metal Sculpture and Carvings may I ask? Pardon me for the misunderstanding, but I would imagine this to be precisely general forging as the techniques here can be incorporated into many general forging operations! I question this because I know that there is more impact on general discussions and I know people would like to be aware of this video! 

Thank you again!!! :D

Alec Steele

This has also happened to a lot of threads that I have posted! I've been waiting for a response from the moderators to your question before I posted on this thread. I have not been posting as many new threads as I used to, and this is the main reason. A week has gone by with this thread with no new activity. I'm bringing it back in hopes that it will get moved back where Alec posted it so more people will benefit from it. This video is not a sculpture or carving. It is showing how to move metal.
Nice job on the video, Alec!