I Forge Iron

Looking for new anvil

When I say new anvil, I mean it in every sense of the words. I'm going to have about $3000 in the coming months with very few expenses (advantages of living with my parents :D), and so I was wondering what good brands of anvils are that I can buy on the market today. I'm ideally looking for something in the 200-250 lb range. I was looking at stuff on Centaur Forge, but their anvils are too light.

Thank you for your responses!

Keep an eye on CL and ebay.  Even with the cost of shipping, you can get an older anvil from two states over for as cheap or cheaper than some new anvils.

If you're keen on spending mula on a new anvil, Rhino anvils get a good rep.

Having had the priveledge of owning both new and old anvils, the best advice I can give you is find yourself a deal on a good used anvil. They accomplish the same tasks as far as a tool is concerned, and you will notice no real difference as far as performance and/or end product. 

Spend the remainder on schooling, tooling, and mateirials.

If yer in southern California and are will to drive, there are some great anvils listed in north Cal on a regular basis on Craigslist. The shipping might be a somewhat limiting but 

the ones I have seen recently on Craigslist are good enough that I might drive from NM to get a few.