I Forge Iron

Need Project Facilitator for Senior Project.

Hello, I am in Canton Georgia about 1 hour from Atlanta. I am looking for someone who can help me with my senior project, The project starts in about a month and i wish to know/meet my facilitator before that. If anyone can help, message me. Thank you.

Wlcome aoard, glad to have you. If you'll put your general location in your header you might be pleaszantly surprised to discover how many of the IFI gang live within visiting distance.

What you're asking might be reasonable if we knew what you meant by "facilitator." A little more information is more likely to get some results.

Frosty the Lucky.

What is your senior project? 

Definition of FACILITATOR

One that facilitates; especially : one that helps to bring about an outcome (as learning, productivity, or communication) by providing indirect or unobtrusive assistance, guidance, or supervision

Without knowing some details about what is involved we can not assist you.

I know the definition of the word but as is often the case, knowing what's meant is not neccessarily the same thing.  Think of it as lesson 1, the craft has a language and reasonably precise use makes for less cofusion and better results.

Were we close enough together I'd submit myself as a possible facilitator, happily.

Frosty the Lucky.

My senior project is learning to become a blacksmith. A facilitator is like a mentor, he/she helps you learn the craft, shows you the ropes things like that. At my school for our senior year we are required to do a large project for 30% of our Lit grade.This  project shows we learned something and for mine I would like to learn how to blacksmith. Also during our senior project work we cannot make any money and have a minimum hour requirement of 15 hours, so you can get some free labor out of me! My older brother did beekeeping for his project and ive always wanted to learn how to  work metal and this gives me the chance of doing it and getting a school grade for it.

Thank you for your help.

A friend of mine who is an ABS Journeyman bladesmith took on a young lady for a Senior project several years ago. Bright, polite, talented and teachable, she stayed on long past the required minimum and became his apprentice before going on to college. She still works in the shop from time to time, and we refer to her as "The Padawan" when she shows up at chapter meetings. 

Really cheeses off the macho boys who show off their crude RR spike knives, and she brings out her basket-hilted broadsword. :o

Where have you been looking? The local organization/groups section of IFI? There are a lot of blacksmiths in Georgia if you look in the right place. A REALLY good start would be putting your general location in your header so it comes up with your posts. Heck you'd probably have a couple hits before now.

Frosty The Lucky.