I Forge Iron

1st one :)

hiltsbilt

so I have some coil springs laying around so I thought I would hammer out a knife. I also made a sheath but it was out of thin leather, it will work for now but ill make another one when I get some better leather. But I had a lot of fun making it, left all the hammer marks in it to give it some character. All in all I like it, and learned from it :)

knife1_zps6f87783b.jpg

knife2_zps7ed222fb.jpg

knife3_zps21a8d43a.jpg

Looks like a handy little knife, good grip, maybe watch out on your index  finger if it gets close to the blade when doing something.

Really good shape for a first blade, looks like you seem to understand blade dynamics for metal movement (as you didnt end up with a sharpened banana looking thing) :D 

Hard to see from pic but it looks like you are going to be cutting the thread with your knife when you put it it (unless you added a middle sandwich layer that I cant see.

Keep at it tho, looks like you will be pumping out some nice stuff 

Looks good, usually use leaf springs myself but lately have been using the coil springs. Think I might be making my blades a bit thinner and wider than you however. I am also using my bench grinder to put a finger grove then a flat section then start the bevel. 

Am making one where it only holds the heat for about 10 seconds before going black. Blade is about 200mm long and 2-3mm wide.

don't think the artificial sinew will get cut I jb welded it before i put the holes in for the sinew so there is space.. and if it dose get cut oh well I want to make another one anyway. I didn't put anything on the paracord that way it is still usable if i need to take it off for something, and there is a 2nd lair of paracord underneath with the threads taken out so if I take the top lair off there is still some grip to it.