I Forge Iron

NWBA Spring Conference

Snakeriveridaho just got here to take a class. It's a small world. I just talked to Alec yesterday about the NWBA Conference. He is planning on forging the cupping tool, a hot cut hardy, a rounding hammer, and then maybe a hammer eye punch and a hammer drift for his first 3 hour demo. They are going to furnish him with a striking anvil, and he will be forging those things with a striker that he has never worked with before. He will also be doing some hand hammer techniques in his next demo. If you can get there, you should not miss this. This will be history in the making, a 15 year old Young Smith demonstrating for one of the best associations in North America. I wish Grant SARVER could have seen this one.

• 2 weeks later...

This is going to be one heck of a good conference! In addition to the two main demonstrators (Alec Steele and Berkley Tack) there will be hands-on learning sessions with Gene Bland (punches & chisels), Martin Brandt (spike knives beyond the common twist), Steve Howell (Rivets and rivet headers), Patrick Maher (Scrolling Tongs) and Scott Szloch (Hinges).

Of course the repousse station will be open, and of course there will be open forging in the evenings. The library will be there too. And that amazing gallery! And the auction! And, and, and JUST HIT IT HARDER!! :) :) :)

http://blacksmith.org/forums/content/669-Spring-Conference-2013

See you there!

Snakeriveridaho just got here to take a class. It's a small world. I just talked to Alec yesterday about the NWBA Conference. He is planning on forging the cupping tool, a hot cut hardy, a rounding hammer, and then maybe a hammer eye punch and a hammer drift for his first 3 hour demo. They are going to furnish him with a striking anvil, and he will be forging those things with a striker that he has never worked with before. He will also be doing some hand hammer techniques in his next demo. If you can get there, you should not miss this. This will be history in the making, a 15 year old Young Smith demonstrating for one of the best associations in North America. I wish Grant SARVER could have seen this one.

Who's to say Grant won't be there?????  My money is on Grant.  Grant taught a lot of people to THINK and don't be afraid to TRY.  Grant will be there, but not in body!!

Neil