I Forge Iron

I need a cheap simple idea for a forge and bellows.

kyotie11

I have been using a round fireplace with one side open and a chimney for a forge and a low power leaf blower for a forge. I need to give the fireplace back to my neighbor ( to whom I borrowed it from ) so I need an easy idea for a safe forge.

i suggest hours of reaading through these forums, as opposed to getting everyone to repeat what they have previously stated in countless threads.

good on you for having a go at forging, the esscence of smithing is the ability to recycle, modify and adapt

Look at the brake drum forge concept.... Use hair dryer as blower.....

"Generic" brake drums are cheap at salvage yards and hair dryers are a dime apiece  at yard sales or resale shops.....

See concepts here, or on Youtube,  search "brake drum forge"...

Dale

• 2 weeks later...

I got a small brake drum from my uncle and I got to stands I am welding the stands to the drum today at my neighbours house ( he has been in black smithing his whole life and he is going to teach me some tricks( I got some pipe a a bug hair dryer for my bellows.

• 2 weeks later...

I built my own propane forge in about 8 hours of actual work time,including a home made burner. The hardest part was finding a good liner locally.
If you spend some time on YouTube, you can get lots of ideas.
Now that I have had the chance to look through the pages and pages of help,here at IFI.
You can also find ideas here.