I Forge Iron

Fly press screw removal?

Arbalist

I've bought a small fly press and have stripped it for cleaning except I can't see how you remove the shaft and nuts from the bottom of the screw. On one diagram I've seen it seems the shaft is pinned to the screw but I can't see any fixings on mine at all?! Any ideas how it's fixed? Without removing the shaft and adjusting nuts I can't withdraw the screw from the body for cleaning and lubricating.

What's the best lubricant for the Screw and Ram, Oil or Grease?

Thanks very much Andrew. When I first looked at your pictures I thought I still had trouble as mine has a lock nut as well. Once removed though the threaded gland fell apart allowing me to remove the thread!

Can I ask what lube you used on yours when you rebuilt it?

Vic.

Here are some pictures in case it helps anyone else:

Stripped.

IMGP1804_zps2970853e.jpg

Close up of split collar, nut etc.

IMGP1805_zps1c7dc959.jpg

Three quarter view.

IMGP1806_zps75116cb6.jpg

Thanks again for you help Andrew!

When I removed the Ram the hole in the top was full of clean oil. I expect it's supposed to be in there? Should I re-fill with oil on assembly? Sorry for so many questions but there's no owners manual with it! ;-)

Update: All back together now. I used way oil in the end.

• 1 month later...
Posted · Hidden by Steve Sells, May 22, 2013 - spam
Hidden by Steve Sells, May 22, 2013 - spam

http://news1.equities.com/2013/05/16/1416994.html InfuSystem Holdings Reports Third Straight Quarterly Profit [Health Beauty Close - Up]ProQuest Information LearningInfuSystem Holdings, Inc., al provider of infusion pumps and related services for the healthcare industry in the United States, reported its third consecutive quarter of profitability in the first quarter ending March 31.
In a release on May 13, the company noted that net income in the first quarter was $0.1 million, equal to $0.00 per diluted share, compared to a $0.9 million net loss, or $0.04 loss per diluted share, in the prior year period. Gross profit for the three months ending March 31, was $10.4 million, consistent with the same prior year period.
"Our industry in general and InfuSystem in particular are well- positioned for continued growth," said Eric Steen, who joined the Company as Chief Executive Officer on April 1. "We are firmly committed to organic growth as a means to further strengthen our position in a highly competitive environment. We remain vigilant about managing costs, and will seek to further increase free cash flow and reduce debt. Finally, as evidenced by our recent hiring of an accomplished Chief Information Officer, we will use technology to increase connectivity with all stakeholders - especially patients, who are number one priority," he concluded.
Revenues in the first quarter of 2013 were $14.7 million, up 2 percent from $14.3 million in the first quarter of 2012. The increase in revenues is primarily related to the addition of larger customers, increased penetration into existing Mets 5 David Wright Road Cool Base Grey 2010 All Star Jerseys customer accounts, continuation of the revision to claims processing guidelines by a major group of third-party payors and a one-time delay in billing to certain payors caused by the requirement of additional paperwork.
SG A decreased to $7.4 million from $9.0 million, down approximately 18 percent, when Angels 48 Torii Hunter White 2010 All Star Jerseys compared to the first quarter of 2012. The decrease was primarily attributed to prior year costs of $1.5 million pertaining to the special meeting, changes in the composition of the Board of Director's, and retention payments made to key employees in connection with the change in senior management.
Other expenses were consistent for the three months ended March 31, compared to the similar period in 2012; however the breakdown included $0.3 million of additional interest expense due to the cost of the new debt facility. This was offset by a one-time cash receipt of $0.3 million related to a mutual insurance policy.
"We are very pleased to have further strengthened the balance sheet, especially reducing total debt by $2.8 million during the first quarter of 2013," said Jonathan P. Foster, Chief Financial Officer.
Gross profit for the three months ended March 31, was $10.4 million, which was consistent with the same period in the prior year. It represented 71 percent of 2009 World Baseball Classic 15 Beltran white jersey revenues in the current period compared to 73 percent in the prior year. The decrease in the gross margin as a percentage of revenue in 2013 was primarily related to an increase in connectivity costs with our customers.
Selling and marketing expenses were $2.4 million compared to $2.7 million for the three months ended March 31, 2012. The decrease in selling and marketing expenses was mainly attributed to lower travel, entertainment and salaries.
During the months ended March 31, general and administrative expenses were $5.0 million compared to $6.3 million for the same prior year period. General and administrative expenses have decreased from 44 percent to 34 percent of revenues for the first quarter of 2013 compared to the same period in the prior year. The decrease was primarily attributed to prior year costs of $1.5 million pertaining to the special meeting, changes in the composition of the Board of Directors, and retention payments to key employees during the major change in senior management. These prior year charges were offset by $0.3 million of expenses during the three months ended March 31, due primarily to fees related to the CEO search, the final Severance Payment made to the former CEO and one-time payments to a Board member (the "Transition Costs").
Net cash provided by operations for the three months ended March 31, was $1.6 million compared to a use of cash of less than $0.1 million for the prior year. The increase is primarily attributed to decreased general and administrative costs of $1.3 million when compared to the three months ended March 31, 2012. This includes professional fees of $0.9 million related to 2010 All Star Jerseys Patch the special meeting and change in members of the Board of Directors, and a retention payment of $0.6 million paid to employees during the major change in senior management. The decreases were partially offset by an Mets 7 Jose Reyes blue 2010 All Star Jerseys increase of $0.3 million of expenses during the three months ended March 31, due primarily to transition costs.
As of March 31, we had cash and cash equivalents of $0.5 million and $7.0 million of availability on the revolving line-of-credit compared to $2.3 million and $4.7 million, respectively, at December 31, 2012. During the three months ended March 31, the Company paid down $2.8 million of total debt.
InfuSystem Holdings, Inc. is a provider of infusion pumps and related services to hospitals, oncology practices and other alternate site healthcare providers.
More Information:
http://www.infusystem.com
((Comments on this story may be sent to newsdesk@closeupmedia.com))
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for that tip...

I've recently purchased a fly press and have stripped it completely down and have noticed the old grease is a kind of a gritty paste. I'll not go with grease for the rebuild but opt for a good heavy oil that'll keep the threads in good order.