I Forge Iron

have you seen this maker before?

That is a Columbian. good anvil, IIRC they were made by Trenton...can't get to my copy of AIA to verify....

OK, NOT by Trenton!  could have been made by Soderfors of Sweden if between 1922-1927. It should have the Sodierfors trademark if so.(I don't see that mark)   Again, a good anvil that had a thick high quality tool steel top. Most are large anvils used in heavier industry.  AIA pages 212-223.

Its a Colombian anvil, one of the few all cast steel anvils made in America and an excellent anvil.  For a time the had Sodofors make smaller anvils for them.

Anywho, it would be a fine anvil to own and work on. If you can get it for reasonable price, I'd jump on it. It looks to be in fine condition.

Thomas being fairly new to smithing and not having the years of expierience in anvil ID that you do, I have seen a picture or two of ASO with the top plate looking similar to this anvil so I figured I'd ask. Due to my ignorance the c could have meant China. But now I'm one step cloer to being as smart as you.thanks